Wednesday, September 05, 2012

It is a Very Good Year....

...my 83rd year today and I'm thinking about the lyrics of a song..."It Was a Very Good Year". I can say all my years, the Autumn years and even the few sad ones, have been very good years.

Written by ervin drake; sung by Robbie Williams....the last verse~~~~~


 
"But now the days are short, I'm in the  
Autumn of the year  
And now I think of my life as vintage  
Wine from fine old kegs
From the brim to the dregs. it poured
Sweet and clear. It was a very good year."

Birthday or no birthday, I was out early for Cross-training : Drills & Short Hills.

1 set Magill drills with stride between each.
10 x short, steep hill reps (about 40m)
Altogether about 35-40 minutes.

I thought, when I began the hill reps, that it mightn't be steep enough;  by the time I reached ten I was sure it was more than sufficient!
 

4 comments:

  1. I would have had the day off!

    Many happy returns Norma. You're certainly enjoying a shining Autumn. Have a glass or two of wine for me... I have to work in the morning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'the day off'...bet you wouldn't! I'm saving the wine for a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great lyrics! Do hope your birthday was memorable. When Ewen finally has a day off he can bring me out to see you. It will take me a long time to catch up to your pace now after the long break I have had so perhaps we'll just have to drink a glass of wine instead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either way, it would be great to see you again, Ruth...in good health this time!

      Delete