Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Cross-Training/Easy Run

This morning I tried something different in between track yesterday and tempo run tomorrow.  It's called 'easy running'!  So......I did it my way:

4 drills over 25m...to loosen up!
20 minutes easy running
3 x 80m strides; walk back between.
7 min easy running
Usual stretches.

All together 30 minutes.

I wanted to run 'by time' not distance and a stop watch was all I needed for thatI hope this will act as a recovery day and, at the same time, provide a little more aerobic running to the week.  I won't count this, or any form of cross-training,  in the weekly total which includes only the three key workouts.

I used Renwick area; a warm day; many clouds waiting to open and hurl more storms our way!  A pleasant cross-training day though.  Now... I should walk Amy and Oscar and be home before the rain!


No comments:

Post a Comment