Friday, October 18, 2013

I Have a Plan ~~~

Thanks to Ewen for answering my plea and showing me where I'm going!

For the next 3-4 weeks don't try MAF HR.  Instead:

Run easy until AHR gets to 130bpm, then walk until HR comes down to reasonable level.
Then run again until HR goes up to 130bpm
Repeat.

Alternate with steady runs at AHR 110-115
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, this morning I set off to the school anxious to try out something new and planned by someone who knows what he's talking about....except when it comes to maths!  Sorry, Ewen, couldn't resist a dig especially when it's not true!

I did the usual drills and strides first. 

Jogged around the soccer field, watching the Garmin face for AHR.  Out of the soccer field and up and down the road alongside; back into soccer field and repeat for 45 minutes and my AHR stayed on 120 bpm.  No matter what I did, it just sat there on 120 and I was dying to take a break! 

Earlier in the week, my AHR shot to 120 after a few metres of jogging easily. Well, the only thing left was to throw in a hill!  Jog down Bong Bong Road and struggle back up the steep hill.  At the top, the Garmin still had AHR 120bpm!  I was all puffed out but still hadn't had a walk break.  I had jogged for 1 hour without a stop!!  And that's where I ended for today......after the usual stretching.

15 min warm up, drills and strides
 60 min 'easy' jog
AHR 120 (76%);  MHR 145 (92%)

This morning's 1 hour jog.

I enjoyed this session mainly because I was following a plan, trying to achieve something and not just jogging aimlessly.

For today 75 minutes.

Thick blue smoke everywhere this morning with the change of windmust be awful where the surrounding fires are.  Thinking of all those brave people fighting them.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's interesting! I might have to follow that comeback plan myself after having a week off. 1 hour without stopping is impressive... but don't blame me if you have sore quads tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha!! No sore quads for me this morning!

    ReplyDelete