Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Back to Track ~~~~

At Chevalier College, Bowral, the only mowed sections were the markings for the soccer field, so I did  the warm-up on the rectangle as the rest of the oval was damp and the grass long.  Almost finished the warm-up when the groundsman arrived on his mower and offered to clear a track for me to use.....I accepted gladly and he mowed a perfect 400m track!  So good of him!

Program for Today :
10-20 min warm-up
4x400m in 3:03 (for now based on F.I.R.S.T. 40 min 5km time) 
10 min cool-down

Having returned to a slower 5km time for now, these repeats were not too difficult, but after a week or more off with shingles, 4 repeats were quite enough!

My 400m track.



2km warm-up + 4 strides with drills

2:36;  2:39;  2:36;  2:31......90 sec RI between each.

1km cool-down + stretches  

For Today : 4.6km 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment