Monday, April 14, 2014

Shingles!

Yes, Shingles!!  Awful thing and very painful! 


Nearly 14 years ago I had the first real attack of shingles and ever since, every now and again, it flares up most horribly!  The past 2 weeks has been one of those times and probably one of the worst recurrences....stabbing, burning pain in my right upper arm, armpit and shoulder blade.  At night it has been intolerable and the only relief has been from holding ice cubes against the skin to reduce the blood flow and consequently the pain.


This morning I sought advice from the pharmacist and now have an ointment which should give some relief.  It's called Xylocaine and I've used it years ago, but didn't know it could now be bought without a prescription.  Hopefully, tonight will be better than last night when I sat in bed, holding ice cubes to the area till around 2:00a.m.!


I can't run until this episode clears.  'Someone' is against me lately!

I did find time, in spite of shingles, to help with stage 2 of The Goat Shed!

Apprentice builder on The Goat Shed!

No comments:

Post a Comment