Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Chev Track ~~~~~ Under water!

At mid-day I noticed that the sun had come out.  What I didn't think about was how long it would stay out. The rain had ceased too but again, I didn't think about how long it would stop for.  I changed clothes in a flash, into the car and raced across to Chevalier College only to find the whole oval just about under water! Having come that far I wasn't about to turn back without doing something.  It was most likely a waste of time but I felt better having got myself out in such conditions and tried and sometimes that, not the actual running, becomes the important factor ... feeling good!

10-20 min warn-up ..... I did about 5
10 x 400m in 2:39 ..... I did 5 repeats
10 min cool-down ..... none at all except a dash to the car!

5x400m
2:34;     2:46;     2:35;     2:40;     2:47.

After the warm-up I removed shoes and socks and splashed my way through the quagmire.  Pleased to get home (cold) and into hot shower (lovely!).
Training Effect (TE)   1.2 (Minor!)





No comments:

Post a Comment