Friday, April 03, 2015

Tempo Run ~~~~~

Yesterday, Thursday, I did the tempo run along Bowral Parkrun course : it's quiet, scenic and away from all traffic except for the occasional cyclist and walker. I went in the opposite direction from Parkrun for the first 1.5km and found the pathway led into a bush reserve via a pretty tree lined track.  I was thoroughly enjoying this change until I ran headlong up to a black snake lying across the track!  It might have been dead but it didn't move as I took a flying leap over it. At that point I took the fastest track out of the reserve and back onto the pathway!

Tempo Run :
1.5k warm-up
3.0k @ ST pace (7:00m/k for me)......24:39 (7:50m/k)
1.5k easy
1.5k @ ST pace ...... 12:07 (7:57m/k)
1.5k easy
3.0k @ ST pace ...... 25:30 (8:14m/k)
1.5k cool-down.

I had some stomach cramps not long after starting and so running a 7:00m/k just didn't happen in the sections where it should have.  Nevertheless, I did the full session finishing by having to run that final grassy hill that we do on Saturdays.  I had to run the hill twice to make up the 1.5km cool-down.  I was happy to get back to the car and home!

No comments:

Post a Comment