Tuesday, May 24, 2005

6 Weeks to Gold Coast Marathon!

This means 4 weeks for training & 2 for tapering; not a lot of time left! Still tired from Sunday's half marathon & quads a bit stiff.

Results were published in this morning's paper &, having forgotten to stop my watch (which showed 2:28:05) on crossing the finish line, my published time is 2 : 27 : 42; I'll take that slightly faster time, no trouble!

Will do a 6km jog this afternoon to loosen leg muscles & then work out exactly what to do over the next 4 weeks; recovery from Canberra looks pretty good after Sunday's results.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent news, thats nicely under your 2.5hours now!! Look forward to hopefully meeting you at the GC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there chicky babe - you make sure you look after those legs for me now won't you.

    Congratulations on your time and for the recovery. I hope all goes well in the lead up to GC. I'll be there with you, but only for the half. This is entirely due to my desire to watch all of you finish the big one and has nothing to do with the fact that I'm so unfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL, you are doing so well. I am not surprised that you had such a good half on Sunday. Your training has been steady and consistent. You seem much more settled and confident.

    ReplyDelete