Saturday, May 07, 2005

Top Workout #3

I used the gym treadmill for this morning's session to do 8km @ 7min/km; varied the incline up to 4% & down as I went along. After reading the article that Bellthorpe put up about running technique, I thought I'd try the bit that says to count how many times the right foot strikes the ground in 1 minute; the article says 85-95. I counted 3 different times (helps pass the time!) and got 86, 87 & 90. Also tried the "pawing back" movement.......and the belt could hardly keep up with me!!

For music today I listened to "Oklahoma!" (Rodgers & Hammerstein); rousing, exuberant songs to speed along with!! I had a very nice time!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you are going well Chickybabe. Don't try and alter your technique too much as soreness could result. Quicker 'turnover' is definitely helpful.

    I will write something in my blog tomorrow! Also, if you are talking to other bloggers, remind them we need another 40-odd posts to the Blogger thread to get into the 990's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They could have a guess at some of plu's quiz questions if they can't think of anything to write! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justice for the treadmill belt!
    LL you are amazing, and your foot-strike is right on the money. I look to seeing you next week, would it suit you better earlier (say noon, or later ~ I'll spread the word and advise the Club.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you didn't play "Poor Jud is Dead".

    I Yipi O E Ay

    ReplyDelete