Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A Rest Day...Sort Of!

No running today, but a lot of walking in Sydney. Arrived about 10:15am just in time to catch a huge downpour of water....I think it's called rain, but have almost forgotten what it felt like! Picked up SMH pack; not another person there, so maybe they're all waiting until Saturday for the big rush.


Bought gels for Sunday & a few other goodies......love shopping! Had lunch & back on the 3:40pm train.

I've made a reservation to stay in Sydney on Saturday night ( walking distance to the start) because I couldn't cope with the thought of getting a 4:00am train Sunday morning & then running a half marathon. When I get to Sydney Saturday afternoon, I'll have plenty of time to walk the section from Hunter Street back to the start. I probably should take my can of paint & drop a blob at each corner so as to avoid taking a wrong turn on Sunday! I would if I didn't think I'd be arrested for loitering in a public place & damaging public property!!

A very nice day, I had!

7 comments:

  1. No need for blobs of paint Chickybabe. I'm sure you will have lots of company on this run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will have lots of company on the run LL!

    Bob and I should be there on Saturday, give me a call if there is anything you want (Bob eats!) We still have to join the bun rush to pick up our SMH buns on Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. should I fill my pocket with flour?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck for Sunday LL! I hope you enjoy your run. Rain? What is that again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best of luck on Sunday LL - will be thinking of you. CL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on Sunday LL. The CR cheersquad will be giving you a special cheer. Look forward to seeing you again :-)

    ReplyDelete