Tuesday, May 03, 2005

My "TOP WORKOUT" #1"

Having read that thread on the message board, I don't know what I did this morning!

I know I went to the gym, did 2km warm-up, then 4 x 1600m with 3mins. easy between each & then a cool-down ..... right or wrong, I call the fast bit 'the repetition' & the slower jog in between, 'the interval'. About 10km all up. Max. HR = 92%

Had a great 'spin' class last night; haven't done that in years. As tomorrow, Wednesday, is a rest day I'll do another one tomorrow night......good fun & hard work!

2 comments:

  1. Don't quote me on this LL as I am apt to become confused in my advancing years (Joy says: "you're not getting any younger you know!"), but I always thought...

    'Repetitions' were repeats of a certain distance run hard with non-running timed rests between.
    'Intervals' were repeats of hard efforts with easy running or jogging (the interval) between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What ever they are called, 4x1600 is a good session. Well done, I hope all is going to plan!


    I call them repeats, but you would know that from reading my blog.

    ReplyDelete