Friday, June 17, 2005

Recovery Run

Once again I couldn't bring myself to face the cold & nasty wind; having to go out in it on Sunday will be bad enough.

Today was an 'easy' 6km recovery run on the gym treadmill....watching a cooking class on TV! And talking of eating........

Last night's 'duck dinner' - never tasted duck before & it was a superb meal with a scrummy dessert to finish. It was only slightly spoiled by the fact that I couldn't stop thinking about the duck when it was alive! I don't know why it bothered me so much (couldn't tell anyone!); it might be that I see so many ducks in the area : floating around in dams, eating in the paddocks, flying overhead etc.. & sometimes a mum & dad duck stopping the traffic to cross the road with a squad of little duckies trailing behind them. So, as good as it was, I won't be able to have it again....maybe this kind of thinking is part of senility! Who knows?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No LL - you're not the only one. There's certain things I won't be eating again because of similar thoughts to yours.

    Incidentally, I must get that gym membership sorted some day. The cosy treadmill sessions just sound too inviting

    ReplyDelete
  3. 6kms on a treadmill while watching cooking shows? Sounds like torture to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LL, it's the ones who *want* to go out in the cold who are going senile. I think you're safe... :-)

    sfG

    ReplyDelete