Saturday, June 18, 2005

Sunday's Long Run on Saturday!

That's the last of the long runs before GC marathon! 20km.... & all of it on the gym treadmill! I had to find somewhere 'flatish' and that was it, without having to drive somewhere looking for a flat course. I listened to the whole of "Show Boat" 2 discs.

The middle 8kms I pushed 'harder than usual'...whatever that means! Avg. HR for that section was around 80% of max.; the rest of the time, kept to between 70-75% of max. It did get bloody tiresome, but I just kept listening to the music, slogging away & pretending that it was the GC marathon. Oh, Chickybabe is so tired & will now have a wee kip!


Much later...much better!

4 comments:

  1. 20K on the treadmill!!!

    That, LL, is dedication to training on the flat. Music on the treadmill helps, but 20K is really pushing it. I'd go mental.

    I'm really getting excited about the Gold Coast, and part of that excitement is the prospect of actually meeting you, and cheering you on in the marathon.

    Cheers,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have far more patience than me LL. I'm impressed - 20km on a treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome treadmill run LL! I think I would need some mind altering drugs to run on a treadmill that far.
    Nice choice of musice though, that Ol' man river, that Ol man river he just keeps....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to repeat what the others said... 20kms on a tready is incredible... I used not to mind it and since I've been running 'properly', I'm hard pushed to make myself run 5km on it!

    Mind you, now my gym has eight TV screens to stare at, I should try again... maybe if I was watching a movie as I ran, it might prove less boring!

    Can't wait to meet you at the Gold Coast! It's so close :) Best of luck and no doubt I'll see you there! xxx

    ReplyDelete