Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mid-Week Run

This morning's 15km is the last of the 'longish' runs before GC, except for about 9-12km on Sunday, which I'll do on Saturday!

It's wet (good) & terribly cold (bad) today (max 7C), so the treadmill was the way to go; I'm getting to dislike the winter...getting old? But then again, I can't stand humid, hot days either; that makes me a "grumpy old lady"! Much like the TV series of "Grumpy Old Men" which I liked a lot. On the treadmill, kept HR at 73% of Max., but put on a spurt for the last 3km @ 'marathon pace' & a little faster.

This time next week I'll be at the Gold Coast....can hardly believe it's that close & already itching to go the 42.2km distance once again!

5 comments:

  1. The weather is most uninspiring at the moment, I'm even considering the evil treadmill!
    I heard on ABC this morning that Cranky Old Women will be shown on TV next ?Thursday. That's one for me!
    Thinking of you all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we're itching to cheer you on LL!

    I can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you LL - will be glad to see some warmer weather. Yesterday was so bleak and miserable - the rain was good but oh boy, it was cold. Isn't it funny when running a marathon, you're thinking "why" or "never again" but give it a couple of months and you're thinkingof doing another one. Bit like childbirth actually!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you are looking forward to the warmer weather next week!!!

    I bet that is an understatement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little yellow chickybabe will soon by flying north for some warmth. Lucky I have a fur coat! When it's this cold I want it to snow! Running in the snow is cool - I remember a track session one winter in the snow at Calwell!

    ReplyDelete