Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Long Run & How I Feel After it!

Poor blog, you're going to have to listen to a litany of whinges first, but that's part of what you're there for...the good, the bad & the ugly. Let's start with the ugly : me right now, trying to walk upright instead of on all fours where I'd be far more agile; the bad : from the waist, down to the tip of my toes, I ache something awful; the worst parts are the lower back (terrible), left hip (not quite 'terrible'), glutes (smashed), quads (screaming); the only word to describe the lower half of me is good & properly "stuffed"! I'll have to find a less hilly course..this one is 'killing' me!

The good : top half seems relatively unharmed (not sure about the brain though); I didn't give in on any of the hills etc. ; ran the last 4km without a walk break (prior to that jog 8mins/walk 1min); did the full 28km as planned i.e. 8a.m. start after a cup of coffee; swallowed 2 gels on the way (1 at half way, the other with 10km to go); took a bottle of water & refreshed it at Glenquarry, just before going down the Macquarie Pass; time = 3hrs48mins. (a negative split of 5mins.); finding that I don't need to carry "provisions" (other than gels) on long runs this year, as I did last year.......I must tell Plu.

Also in the good category is that Flash Duck is coming from Canberra next Sunday to do 30km with me! Can't imagine what she'll think of my pace & the total wreck that she'll see at the finish! Oh well, having her company will be worth it for me! Anyone else care to join us?

And now, to bed for an hour or two; but first a couple of pain killers!

3 comments:

  1. LL, I didn't run as far as you did this morning but I got smashed up pretty badly too. I hope, like me, you are feeling a bit better tonight.

    Cheers,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will reap the benefits of the run at the GC. Awesome training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done LL, I bet you will really enjoy the company next weekend, it will spice up the normal long run!!!

    ReplyDelete