Monday, September 21, 2009

Special Event....

Blackmores Half Marathon and My First Run as an Octogenarian!

Official Time = 2:26:29
Garmin Time = 2:24:36 (mat to mat!)

5km splits 34:54; 34:46; 34:22; 33:53; (6:40)

AHR 137 (87%).


Age Category Place 1st! (35 minutes ahead of 2nd place runner)!! Oops!

I was very pleased with my run, not really expecting - but hoping - to go under 2.5hours! The Garmin gives me a time two minutes faster than the official one, but the official one has to stand I suppose!

I enjoyed the run immensely, even the tough sections and only walked through the drink stations to make sure of getting enough to drink. I felt relaxed for the entire run and then happier and more relaxed to go under 2.5 hours! I also thought it one of the best organized events I've been in, in spite of the 7 minutes walk to get to the start line.

The Cool Running cheer squad were at their usual brilliant best and great to spend a few minutes with them before walking back across the Harbour Bridge and the return trip to Mittagong. Big thank you to Ewen for the lift to and from Sydney. A great weekend!

Next : Melbourne Half Marathon, 11th October.


5 comments:

  1. The bottle of Moët is in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're something else LL!

    Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super congrats LL. Top drawer in your age group again. Fantastic. Hope Melbourne works out just as fast.

    ReplyDelete