Monday, January 11, 2010

Cross Training...Mondays & Tuesdays

It's been too haphazard getting up on Monday & Tuesday and thinking: What'll I do today? It's a cross training day. To avoid having to think about it, I've come up with a simple solution (subject to approval!) and I won't have to think about it again:

Mondays I will do HILLS.
Tuesday I will do DRILLS & STRIDES.

I began this morning (without approval!) and went to Iron Mines Oval.

15 minutes warm-up jogging.
12 x hard & fast (?) up a 48m grassy slope (no idea of
gradient, but out of breath at top)...full recovery after each.
5 x running up flight of 18 steps
5 x up steeper 20m grassy slope.....recoveries after each.


I liked this session even though running uphill(with good form as shown in the above picture!) is not easy! Had a terrible thirst by the finish only to find the bubbler broken. Reminder to take water next time.

After running up, I walked backwards down each hill - minus any navigation instruments - because I read somewhere it stretches the calves!





1 comment:

  1. How about that - we both ran 24km yesterday and did hill sprints today and it was soooo hot and soooo hard! Now I just can't seem to quench my thirst. My plan is to do strides tomorrow too cos I missed out on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete