Thursday, January 06, 2005

Mid-Week Run

18km this morning....and a tale to tell!

9km out, good; 9km return, faded....faded.....faded with each km! Why?

1. Set out late 10:00 a.m. & already hot (not an issue really)
2. Nothing to drink before starting out
3. Didn't take any water with me
4. No taps to drink from anywhere
Result :
5. Overcome by fatigue & thirst during last kms & walked the last one
6. Drank a couple of handfuls from a not too clean roadside puddle of rain water!
Result :
7. Lucky I haven't got la grippe!!

One more lesson learned & you should know better.... you silly Chickybabe Blogger!


1 comment:

  1. It's lucky you have survived to taell the tale Lucky Legs !!!. It's a good lesson to all of us. I have a 1.4 litre Camelbak. This one is like a bumbag but has a tube like the backpack types. I find it works well because it is easy to use and I am inclined to take a mouthful of water more frequently.

    ReplyDelete