Saturday, October 08, 2005

My Purple Nike 'Free' trainers have gone....!

Mission accomplished! Thumbs up to Michael & "The Athletes Foot", Centre Point Arcade, Sydney! I made a special trip to the city today to return my much loved purple Nike 'Free' trainers because the mesh had torn from the sole on each heel after only 5 months of use.

The staff & Michael who 'looked after me', were very obliging & friendly & I could choose either a full refund or replacement...no questions asked. I chose the latter because I love this trainer! Even when I told them there was a chance I could be back in another 5 months with the same problem, they still smiled & happily said, "No problem!" They've had similar returns so I guess it won't be long before the mesh section at the heel is replaced with something more durable.

Also available now is the Nike 'Free' Cross-Trainer; same price but not nearly as good looking!

BUT......tragedy of all tragedies! My 'Frees' are no longer purple as in the banner!! This is the only sad turn of events!! The purple (or mauve), that I loved so much, has been replaced with 'black & blue".....baby blue! I like it, but the purple ...or "Wild Cherry" as it's correctly called - will live on in my 'Hanna Banna'!!!

3 comments:

  1. I hope that you enjoyed your day trip to the big smoke LL!

    Sad news about the mauve Free's, however their immortal presence in the bannah will live!

    I hope that the weather improves for a pleasant Highland Spring over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad, isn't it Carolyne? I really loved that colour - they're the only runners I've ever been truly sorry to lose!

    Blowing a gale here tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blowing here today, but it may help us, by being a tailwind on the return jouney up the Orroral Valley 20km Trail Runs.

    Doesn't matter what colour shoes we wear, they may be covered in mud and slosh after this run.

    We will be detoured around the marshy bits.

    ReplyDelete