Saturday, October 15, 2005

Fitzroy Falls 10km Run.......a 7 minute FF Course PB


What a day! Chickybabe had another good run! - WF will have to run fast to keep up when we do "Six Foot Track - The Slower Version"! Last year's time for Fitzroy Falls 10km was 75 minutes (checked it when I got home) & today's was 68:23 minutes - a nice 7 minute PB for that course & I was mightily pleased with myself!! I thoroughly enjoyed the course this year - even the steep hills - & positively flew down the 'downs' & that's where I really feel as if I'm running fast!!

Good conditions : cool & cloudy. Even though I had only a 20 minute drive to the grounds, Owl & Jen-Runs were there before me. After the 10km & while we were waiting for the first of the marathon runners to finish, we were approached by a journalist from the local newspaper for an interview & PHOTO! Must remember to get a copy during the week. Fame surely follows the distinctive cool running gear!

I was initiated into the ways of the Cheer Squad today! It's quite hard work that those girls do! Cheering EVERYONE who came past & waving those pom poms is tough on the arms as well as the lungs! Nevertheless, it was a privilege to be with them & it was, without doubt, the best part of the day.

We'd spread our picnic rugs under one of the blue & yellow marquees - very nice of the organizers to use the CR colour scheme - & after the last CR marathon runner had finished, we sat & talked & laughed & ate sandwiches & cakes! I love this run & its surroundings; volunteers & runners most friendly & helpful & Cool Runners who make every run a good run!

8 comments:

  1. It was lovely to spend the day with you LL. Congratulations on a great run and a HUGE PB. And thank you so much for the amazing muffin, cakes and sandwiches - chatting with with friends and eating sensational food is a wonderful way to spend a beautiful spring day!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds as though you had a good day in more ways than can be imagined. Running a 5 minute PB, cheering the Marathon runners in and then feeding everybody. I will have to put this in the diary for next year as it sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL, big congrats on the course PB! WF will be shaking in his boots :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LL,

    The Central Coast Half starts and finishes at The Entrance. It is an out-and-back course which is (I'm told) very flat & runs adjacent to the water. I've received the entry form from Go Girl which I will email to you.

    It would be great to have you there!

    Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new PB? That training at Chev is obviously paying off! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one LL. If only I could get a PB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LL - what a great PB! You must be so pleased! And it sounds as though the rest of your day was just perfect. Isn't the CR 'family' just the best thing ever? I'm so glad I'm a member.

    CL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! You should all put in next year's diary.

    It is a lot of fun, horrie ...one of the best & most relaxing run days you'll ever go to; see you there next time.

    Tess, I don't think WF need to fear anything just yet! Thanks Plu, CL, Robert Song, auntyK & Wobbly....applause - & my thanks -go to Ewen...I just do as I'm, told. ..most of the time!

    ReplyDelete