Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Feels Like a Start! ~~~

I really should check the weather the night before a run or a walk.  I didn't.  I left home at 10:30 a.m. and returned at 11:30 to see that the temperature was 31.1 degrees.  No wonder I felt and looked fully baked!

Today I did a walk/jog routine, parked in the usual place in Renwick where all is a-buzz again after the holiday break.  Some of the houses are already occupied, so they obviously move in as soon as the building is finished and later on attend to the grounds, gardens etc.  It still seems strange to see this land that I used roam over when I had three dogs, when there were cattle grazing, lots of trees and grass and not another human in sight, now filling up with houses, builders, workmen, machinery, tall cranes and now, people living there!  Progress, I suppose, but I'd much rather it the way it was.

However, back to today's routine-can't call it training yet!

1km walk
4km easy jog
1.3km walk
Time 55 minutes
AHR 70%;  MHR 91%.....surely I'm not that unfit!  It has to be the heat.

No hip flexor pain at all!  Hurray!!  Stretched at home after an almost cold shower to put out the flames!!

6.3km Walk/Jog


Today......6.3km


4 comments:

  1. That's a great start especially in the humidity. I was really dripping after my run and I started at 8am - more than two hours earlier than you - so you must have been soooooo hot and thirsty! Fantastic that you had no pain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in hindsight, I think I must have been more than just a little crazy!

      Delete
  2. Hurray! Hey, what's with that green writing in your second paragraph?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have no idea!! Big Oops! However, I could say it was a deliberate test of your powers of observation!

    ReplyDelete