Blackmores Sydney Marathon 2010

Blackmores Sydney Marathon 2010
Blackmores Sydney Marathon 2010

About Me

My Photo
Mittagong, NSW, Australia
Have been a keen runner for more than 40 years; member of ACT Veterans Club. Ran my first of 11 marathons in 2000 and the NYC Marathon in 2005 where I carried the Australian flag at the "Friendship Run" (photo at left). Have Australian Age Category Records for two 50km Ultra Marathon events, a half marathon and 5000m track race; ACT record for 1 mile. Born in 1929 (!), I lived in Sydney with my husband, Jim, until we moved to the Southern Highlands in 1995....Jim passed away in 2011 after 45 years together, during which time we travelled extensively and made NYC our favourite destination at Christmas.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Variations on a Walk ~~~

Part of the Old  Malt House...an abandoned ruin for many years...I took the photo, very overcast morning, at the turn-around after Lap 2 on the map.
Another walk, much the same course as yesterday, but in reverse direction and adding another couple of loops, one of which took me past Tooths Old Malt Works, Mittagong.  Perfect, cool conditions again....just right for running, but I resisted, with some difficulty, the temptation to jog slowly.  The hip flexor strain is definitely improving but.... patience be my guide!

Today, I'll continue with the strength/stretch exercises Ellie has given me.  I see her again tomorrow and I'm hopeful she'll be pleased with my progress. Ellie is always admonishing me to "learn to  slow down", which is all very well if you have lots of time, in which  case it's OK to slow down.  However,  at certain stages  -  I was going to say 'ages' - there comes a time when time keeps on running, but I'm not!  Besides, I find walking a bit boring; it's so slow...says someone who can't run out of sight on a dark night!



For today :  8.2km......walk!