Sunday, January 20, 2013

Variations on a Walk ~~~

Part of the Old  Malt House...an abandoned ruin for many years...I took the photo, very overcast morning, at the turn-around after Lap 2 on the map.
Another walk, much the same course as yesterday, but in reverse direction and adding another couple of loops, one of which took me past Tooths Old Malt Works, Mittagong.  Perfect, cool conditions again....just right for running, but I resisted, with some difficulty, the temptation to jog slowly.  The hip flexor strain is definitely improving but.... patience be my guide!

Today, I'll continue with the strength/stretch exercises Ellie has given me.  I see her again tomorrow and I'm hopeful she'll be pleased with my progress. Ellie is always admonishing me to "learn to  slow down", which is all very well if you have lots of time, in which  case it's OK to slow down.  However,  at certain stages  -  I was going to say 'ages' - there comes a time when time keeps on running, but I'm not!  Besides, I find walking a bit boring; it's so slow...says someone who can't run out of sight on a dark night!



For today :  8.2km......walk!


3 comments:

  1. I remember that from Coolrunning! You can run out of sight on a dark night better than most people half your age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree that walking can be boring. I think it's cos it is so much leff efficient than running. You realise you can get from A to B so much faster if you break into a jog. However, keep listening to your body and to Ellie and you will soon be able to break into that jog pain free hopefully:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Strewth, try walking uphill after running downhill. That isn't boring, it's a big relief.

      Delete