Monday, January 21, 2013

Some Motivational News! ~~~

Physio this morning : exercises, bike and hydrotherapy pool......plus I can now walk/jog each day, stopping the jog part if there's any hip flexor pain;  in fact I  can do what I want, within reason, but....again must stop if any sign of pain in the groin area.  I call that very good news!



 Starting tomorrow, then, I'll do the 5km or 8km loop that I've been walking, depending on how my leg feels, in a jog/walk routine and hope for the best outcome.

I've see that the YMCA of Canberra Runners Club have their half marathon on May 19 this year, so I think that's what I'll aim for.  Too late for the half in April.  It's exactly 28 days today since my last training session, but only in the last week have I decided to get some treatment, thinking rest alone would fix the problem.  If only I'd gone to the physio sooner!

Anyhow....there we are - or rather, there I am - on the comeback once again, with an easy,  slow and careful approach!  I haven't the time or interest in being injured again!


3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo that really is excellent news. Now take it gently!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I think the half marathon on 19 May is the Rex Faulks Half which is about a month after the Canberra Half. It will be great if you can run that one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that's the one I was thinking of,thanks Ruth; hope to make it!

    ReplyDelete