Blackmores Sydney Marathon 2010

Blackmores Sydney Marathon 2010
Blackmores Sydney Marathon 2010

About Me

My Photo
Mittagong, NSW, Australia
Have been a keen runner for more than 40 years; member of ACT Veterans Club. Ran my first of 11 marathons in 2000 and the NYC Marathon in 2005 where I carried the Australian flag at the "Friendship Run" (photo at left). Have Australian Age Category Records for two 50km Ultra Marathon events, a half marathon and 5000m track race; ACT record for 1 mile. Born in 1929 (!), I lived in Sydney with my husband, Jim, until we moved to the Southern Highlands in 1995....Jim passed away in 2011 after 45 years together, during which time we travelled extensively and made NYC our favourite destination at Christmas.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hydrotherapy ~~~

Over to the Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy Centre today.  I must ask what the water temperature is, but all I can say is that it's HOT!  Too hot for me anyhow, though others floated around happily enough, jogging forwards and backwards for 30 minutes had me in quite a sweat.  I enjoyed it just the same..good to be doing something!


After the pool, Ellie gave my thigh another needling which I wasn't expecting, but if it helps- and it does -  I'll take it anytime!  Over the weekend I continue with the strength and stretch program and have permission to try a brisk 30 minute walk but with orders to stop if there's pain. Pain at any time means I'm to stop what I'm doing, even the exercises,otherwise I just worsen the injury.  Pain has to become my guide.....for now!

How to stay cool...
Awfully hot here now at 39 degrees!