Friday, August 19, 2005

Time Trial - 3km



....I couldn't help but look pleased with myself this morning! I think, given a very long life, I might become not so slow! I can't say I enjoy this session yet, but it's becoming more agreeable!

So I did the usual 20 minutes warm up to get to where I start to fly; stopped for about 10 minutes & walked around & stretched (I must get a sketch of my stretch!) & ready to go! Now, anyone would think that given that I only had to try for a consistent pace of 6:45 each km, it would be a breeze; but I found it quite hard going & was very glad I had to do only 3 & not 10km.

Each km was - 6:25; 6:29; 6:35, giving a total of 19:29 & I'm hoping that big "W" confirms that Chickybabe is doing OK. Funny though, I always feel that I'm really speedy when I'm training, but alack, race results don't often conform to this image (below) that I have of myself!

running

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean LL. I think I'm speedy too when I'm training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its all relative I guess. Life = an experiment of one... Man thats deep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat (I mean big) "W" is confirming that Chickybabe is doing OK. That's a good image. Think 'speedy', think 'not so slow', think 'speedy'! Goodnight CB. :)

    ReplyDelete