Sunday, August 21, 2005

Long Run


F@&##&* gales! There, I've said it! Friggin' gales! No wonder I can't run out of sight on a dark night.....however I could barely stay in sight this morning! I don't mind that it was cold, but the wind was something not to behold! As I said to big 'W' when I emailed my report, I had to hang onto not just my cap, but my jumper & shorts as well! Shredded I was by the time I finished & now I'm walking around like an old woman & not at all like Chickybabe!

I was to do 80minutes, but that became 101 by the time I clambered back up the cliff from which I'd been blown (!!) &, more importantly, I had to round off the kms which took me to 7km out & the same back.

52:24 out & 49:17 back & not a breath did I have left in my body!

Edit 21/8/05 - so as I'll remember it 'when I grow too old to dream' - Age Category Results for City-to-Surf, 2005 - 70 & over - 3rd Place!!!

4 comments:

  1. Well done!!!
    If there is one thing I can not stand... it is the wind! I get cranky and scatty. I would have stayed inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LL I'm with you when it comes to wind. I did my long run yesterday and it was raining, cold and windy - not fun at all. I think sometimes us runners must be a mad bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt the wind this morning too LL. It was wicked! Good to see you still managed a neg split.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great run despite the conditions and congrats on your placing!

    ReplyDelete