Wednesday, August 24, 2005

2km Time Trial



......hope I didn't look quite this crazy this morning as I tore along Old South Road, a danger to all!

Wore the 'Frees' today for a 2km Time Trial; warmed up for 20 minutes on the grass in the local soccer field, 4 x 100m strides; stretched, walked to 'the start' & flew away! 2km in 10:26 which I thought was good......waiting for word from big "W"! I tried so hard I could hardly breath at the end, but a couple of minutes later I felt fine & jogged 3km home. The pain was short-lived surprisingly & I took the 3 little doggies for their usual 40 minute romp through the cow paddocks this afternoon!

I'm always thinking : I train so hard, you'd think I'd be able to run out of sight during the daylight as well as on a dark night! Oh well, Chickybabe, just keep trying!

11 comments:

  1. You are so dedicated and disciplined Chickybabe. You are a true Athlete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need the big 'w' to tell you ChickyBabe! 10:26 is good!!

    Your birthday is imminent . . . any clues about when???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyne is a very good judge of athletic performance. Those are very impressive numbers for a 2k time trial CB! Were you a middle distance runner in school?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correct me if I'm wrong, this is a 1:17 improvement on your previous 2K time trial, is it not?

    What is the speed limit on Old South Road? Watch out for those Speed Cameras, Chickybabe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Such nice comments, thank you! I forgot to mention that my legs, & every other part of the body, were screaming with lactic acid during the slower 2nd km! Agony!

    I suggested to big "W" that I'd possibly be ready for the 2012 Olympics; he has agreed that this is quite likely & I should represent Australia in the marathon!! Isn't he an agreeable, sweet wombat!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sensational run Lucky Legs. Sub 5min ks next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. excellent time, everything to be proud of there!! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. excellent work LL...

    I'm looking forward to my run in Bowral the weekend after next...i'll be thinking of you as i run on Old South Road!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LL you were flying - must have been those Frees you were wearing. You should be really pleased with that TT time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know you were wearing your Frees Chickybabe but what other secrets do you have. Going sub 10:30 is very impressive. If ASDA get wind of your performance, they might want to pay you a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh Horrie!! Do you really think so??

    ReplyDelete