Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some 'upper aerobic' running....


Program : 7km.

First 4km as warm-up.

3km 'upper aerobic' averaging HR 127 (86%).


For today's session, I walked 870m to start below a steep hill. I didn't want to elevate AHR on the return by finishing uphill....if that makes any sense. It did to me anyhow! Also walked the same distance from the finish back to the car at the top of the hill....and I'm counting all this extra walking as part of today's total training distance! Which is 8.7km


Walk to start 870m.

Warm-up 4km in 32 minutes. AHR 105 (70%).

'Upper Aerobic' 3km in 20:26 with AHR 129 (87%)

Warm-down walk back to the car 870m.

Stretches without chook in sight!


A lovely warm morning start at 10:30. ....21 degrees felt more like 28! The 'upper aerobic' 3km was definitely not a conversational pace...more grunts than anything if I'd had to talk! It felt OK though & if I'd had to run longer at the same pace, I would/could have!


Total Distance Today = 8.7km

2 comments:

  1. Pretty good for an old chook. I mean, grasshopper.

    I still reckon running with an axe in one hand is the go. Rooster gone and dinner served!

    Goofnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LL

    Thanks for your comment on my last post. I didn't mean "a 60 year old lady flew past me" to sound like I think that it is too old ;)

    Just that it was a bit of a shock for me cause in my minds eye I'm a bit of a legend ;)

    Anyway, I'll be more than happy for you to fly past me in Canberra, but will be working hard so that wont happen ;)

    I just hope Ewen doesn't give you a "running tip" that he doesn't share with me ;)

    ReplyDelete