Saturday, June 17, 2006

Day 7 - A Slightly Hard Day.



..at the "grassy knoll" for hill repeats. After a lot of scouting around where everything I thought would be good for hill repeats turned out to be not so, Ewen decided this grassy knoll, whilst not 'perfect' would, nevertheless, do. It's at the back of the Mittagong RSL Club!

So....10 minutes warm-up. Stretches & a few strides.

12 x 40m hill. Slow walk down recovery. Do 3 sets of 4.

This was a good session - I wouldn't call it even 'slightly hard' - I think I should have done more repeats or the slope needs to be a bit longer & steeper.....will have to see what the coach thinks, but will be OK till he returns from the USA.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great hill LL. You are obviously fitter than you realise, that's why it didn't seem hard enough!

    So can the patrons at the RSL club see you? No doubt they would think you a little crazy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hill looks steep enough to train on! They make them a lot steeper these days than they used to. Handy to the club, too, in case you get hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and you begged so convincingly, you're in my new banner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OoooH! Thank you, speedygeoff! I am so honoured...I mean it!

    ReplyDelete