Saturday, October 20, 2012

Long Run ~~~ Workout #3

Well, You never can tell how a run is going to turn out!  Or even why!  Running from an 'iffy' start to an "all done in" finish completely wrecked.  I had a bit of a tummy problem all the way - but I've had plenty of those in  the past and carried on - so I can partly blame that I suppose, but this was debilitating, total all-over body tiredness and I have never felt anything like that before, never so completely 'bankrupt'!

 Except for a glass of icy water brought out to me by a friend in one of the properties on Diamond Fields Road, I think I might have crawled into one of the wombat holes for the night! I called in on two other friends looking for mercy but no one home in  either place.   It was my first experience of overwhelming physical and mental inertia!  Why, so bad, I wonder?

At home, I moaned and groaned to Amy and Oscar who looked quite disinterested, I showered, forced down a bowl of soup, went to bed and slept soundly for two hours!  I simply cannot understand myself at all!!  And only 3 weeks till Fisher's Ghost 5km.

Program :  On Diamond Fields Road... specifically chosen for its hills!

12 km....I did 14k with frequent short walk breaks and walked the last 1km.
Time 1:51:13
Avg. pace 8:04m/k


14 miserable kilometres!!



3Key Workouts this week   ~~~   30.5km


2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Bad long runs always seem like the worst. With bad interval sessions you can always cut them short. Just one of those days I guess. Make sure your carbs and red meat intake is up to scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just being particularly tired I think. Luckily it was only 14km.

    ReplyDelete