Saturday, October 06, 2012

Workout #3....Long Run

What a change from yesterday!  26 degrees down to 12 today, perfect for a long run as was the fog and misty rain that fell across the Southern Highlands today.  I thought of those running at Fitzroy Falls not far from here and hoped no one took a dive over a precipice!

Program :
11km @ LT pace (6:41 for me) 

I did 2 km extra this morning because I felt good and the misty rain was so pleasant for running.

Today's 13km  run.


I ran the first and last kilometre around the Highlands School; the rest through Renwick and surrounding streets.  I stopped for a minute or two to 'talk' to two friendly dogs that have come to know me; one is the biggest Weimaraner I've ever seen and the other one, a tiny terrier...a very odd couple!  I mention them because I made the mistake of stopping my Garmin and, of course, forgot to turn it on again, probably best part of a kilometre later!  Stupid thing to do, especially as I have 'auto pause' set for any time I stop. It shows by a red line on the map. Anyhow, I'm only claiming 13km even if I did more...to teach me a lesson!

13km in 90 minutes exactly
7:22; 6:51, 56, 31, 45, 47, 51, 7:00, 7:18, 7:06 ....hilly bits...6:58, 56,  7:01
Avg. Pace 6:50 

That completes 5 weeks of 12 with 5 weeks to go till Fishers Ghost 5km at Campbelltown and 7 weeks till 5km race in Canberra.

For 3 key workouts this week : 28.5km (excl. any cross-training).

1 comment:

  1. Ruth's always making mistakes like that. She gets cranky when I ask her if she was having a senior's moment!

    ReplyDelete