Thursday, October 11, 2012

Today...Off!

Well!  Someone got today's forecast for the Southern Highlands wrong!  Sunny spring day!  I could have left the tempo run  until today instead of doubling up.  Doesn't matter, I did some work in the garden and took Amy and Oscar for a longer walk. 

My Good Deed for the Day ~~~ While walking, I noticed one of the cows with her calf  had beaten the security system and had themselves locked in an enclosure where they couldn't get back out.  Funny things, cows!  Fortunately, I had met the owner months ago when he brought a herd in to feed on the grass in the Renwick paddocks and he had given me his mobile number in case I saw anything amiss at any time....unofficial cattle-watcher!  Now that they have all given birth to wonderful little calves, I'm particularly vigilant!

I phoned the manager and told him the sad story; he was most grateful and was coming all the way from Camden to the rescue!

Several hours later.... I've just had a call to say all went well; mother and calf safely back with the herd and I'm to resume unofficial duties as normal!

A happy ending!

Amy & Oscar look on while I work!


No comments:

Post a Comment