Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Track ~~~ VP wins!

I drove across to Bowral to run on the track at Chevalier College, only to be soundly thrashed by VP in every repeat! 

Program :
10-20 min warm-up
4 x 1000m (5:55).  400m RI
10 min cool-down.

Unfortunately, the grass has overgrown the white lane markings in some sections, making it guess work as to whether I was in  the lane or not.  I spent some time putting towel and other bits and pieces down to give me some guidelines.  That helped in so far as it stopped me running out of the oval, but I just couldn't keep up with VP at all!  The first 1000m I ran with lactic legs and thereafter slowed down to give VP victory in the following three repeats!  The very nice grounds man watering the cricket pitch in the centre of the oval said he'll mow a lane for me to use in future....the only good news of the day!

1000m
2km warm-up
4 strides 
5:58:9;     5:58:0;     6:01:2;     6:09:2
1km cool-down
Stretches......the only time I felt comfortable!

Tomorrow's cross-training is going to be some very easy recovery running ahead of Thursday's tempo session.  I was surprised at just how lethargic my legs were this morning and how difficult I found the longer distances on the track.  I thought to myself, as I staggered to finish each repeat : if it's this hard to run 1000m, how the hell am I going to keep going for 5000m? No idea at this stage but I think it's going to hurt!

7km Today.

1 comment:

  1. You weren't far off the target times. VP had the big advantage of not having to run through that long grass! So good news to have your own personal lane mown :)

    ReplyDelete