Sunday, December 21, 2008

Skirts Do It!


On Range Road this morning at 8:30a.m. you could easily see forever & not having run there for a while, I'd almost forgotten how beautiful the views are in every direction.....ranges & valleys as far as the eye can see!


Program : 14km @ AHR 79%.....medium aerobic running....negative split


Results : 7km out in 55:14; 7km return in 54:30


The battery in the heart rate monitor strap gave up on the way back to the car, so I continued to run by perceived effort hoping for the negative split which I just managed! I'd almost forgotten how hilly that road is...a real killer on the legs & lungs!


This week was a far better week than any other since Melbourne. Except for Thursday's 6km which I missed, I finally made it through the entire week! Could it be that this skirt which I wore - one of five I have ready for the 2009 season! - gave me the 'lift' I needed? It certainly gave me a blast of horns from a car coming from behind me...but none from the front!! (Skirt photo taken from website!)



Total 53.6km

2 comments:

  1. I hope that trend takes off in Canberra - I haven't whistled since I gave up working on building sites.

    ReplyDelete