Thursday, March 26, 2009

Whatever Happens, Just Let It Happen...

.....is what I thought before starting this morning's 5km after yesterday's horrible run &, as it happened, I ran my 2nd best 5km for the month of March!

Program : 5km

I began at 8:00a.m - early for me - heavy cloud cover, no sun but stormy weather on the way, just taking it easy & relaxed, forgetting about yesterday. As Ewen reminded me last night :


"Just remember there are good runs and bad runs. No big deal when in full training. The next run will probably be good. As long as you don't get a trend of 3 or 4 bad runs in a row."


Now, isn't that one of the best pieces of advice & he was right! I'd call today's run good because I felt that way - nice & relaxed - not because I set any record shattering time!

My 5k times this month have been (slow, I know!) : 39:20; 34:47; 39;33; 42:00 and today 36:33!

Since I wasn't trying hard at all, I was pleased when I saw the time.
A better day to the rescue!!




2 comments:

  1. You're making it happen, not letting it happen. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norma fantastic improvement. You are looking at a great Marathon at Canberra. I won't be at Canberra, not enough training. See you at SMH though.

    ReplyDelete