Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sunday's Long Run...

....the last of the really long ones before Canberra Marathon.

Program : 32 - 34km

An early start at 7:00am was ideal - heavy mist all over. I'd decided to try for 36km at an easy pace. All went well until the last 6km when "the wheels fell off"! I hadn't expected this because I had kept to a slow even pace all the way. Adding to my concern at this late stage, was the stream of cars speeding on back road instead of using the main road where there would be patrol cars. The speed limit on Old South Road is 80kph, but no one bothers about that! I often had to quickly sidestep onto the dirt & virtually creep around blind corners to avoid an accident. Didn't do anything for relaxation when I was feeling at my worst!

I ran along Old South Road, past the airstrip where Plu made those recent videos when in Mittagong recently. Generally flat but some long inclines in both directions.

3 x 12km loop....6k out & 6 back to the car.
50:47; 51:31.
48:17; 49:58.
50:01; 56:04.....lost the wheels here!

AHR - 72%; MHR = 82%

Distance 36km.
For the week : 62km.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your comment has gone, Ewen! I couldn't get rid of that huge space (for my mathematical calculations as you so nicely put it!), so I deleted the initial post & started all over again.

    Aesthetically approved?

    ReplyDelete