Monday, November 09, 2009

Fisher's Ghost 5km


I had a very good run yesterday! I ran and ran and ran and didn't stop for drinks, hills or kiddies! This was my first 5km road race and on a tough, hilly course and I couldn't have run any faster for quids!

I drove to Campbelltown in plenty of time to pick up race bib etc. and then do a 2km warm-up and the usual drills and strides. The morning was the coolest I've experienced at this event where I've always run the 10km race.....very overcast, a few sprinkles of rain and....no hordes of flies! Reading on Cool Running, some seem to have found it a humid morning but can't say it worried me at all. I just didn't have time to think about it as I hurdled over speed humps and stormed down the hills! The up hills were bad but each one had a great roll down the other side & I love running downhill. So, the official results.....

Distance 5km

Time = 30 minutes 35 seconds. PB for 5km!

(How good was this to see on the clock when I'd hoped to do 33 minutes!)

AHR 142 (89%); MHR 156 (98%)!!

Splits :
6:38; 5:38; 6:07; 6:25; 5:41

1st Place Age category 70+ (with the 'youngsters') ... 2nd place was 47:38 & 3rd, 48:24.


Today, Monday, I feel ever so weary and quite 'done in'! Doing nothing but lolling around reading and snoozing. However, tomorrow......on the road again!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy the lolling, you should take a break after that 5K effort well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowee LL - that is one impressive time! Another PB - fantastic! You're obviously training the right way - must have a good coach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Norma. Congrats on the win and a new PB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see on 'motion based' you busted your guts! You weren't supposed to bust your guts ;)

    Fantastic run Champ. You were flying away from the flies on the downhills. 5:38 and 5:41! How good are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone!

    Ewen : Too damned good!

    ReplyDelete