Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Leaden Legs!

Noting 'lucky' about how my legs felt this morning! I took Monday and Tuesday off because i was feeling very tired; does it really take that long to recover from a 5km race? Although I did, as Ewen noted, 'bust my guts' at Fisher's Ghost 5km race on Sunday. The older you get......etc. etc!

No wonder that I felt so awful for this morning's training which was:

13 minutes warm-up
13 minutes of drills & strides
30 minutes easy running, including 3 x 60 seconds uphill/jog down.


It was very hot & I was glad to finish, go home, shower and lie down....again! The enticement to putting my feet up in the afternoon is that I'm reading another of Reginald Hill's crime novels, "Under World", and I can't wait to see how it finishes!

There goes the housework for another day! They say housework can't kill you.....but why take a chance!

Today: 6km

1 comment:

  1. Old Chinese proverb: "busted guts take a while to heal".

    It was worth it to thrash all those youngsters!

    Goofnight.

    ReplyDelete