Thursday, November 12, 2009

Horrible!

I couldn't get out before the heat and couldn't bear to think about late evening when I like to relax, so, stupidly out I went in the middle of the day, on a day when the temperature was 32 degrees! Some shade on Diamond Fields Road didn't seem to make much difference and it was a struggle just walking back to the car.

No need to say that I walked about half of the distance, stopping at a tap to splash water from head to toe and refill my bottle so as to keep pouring cold water on my head and neck on the return. I can't remember a run as horrible as this one! And tomorrow down to 22 degrees!

11.5km
AHR 114 (72%); MHR 132 (84%)
...even when walking, heart rate was up.

A Horrible Walk/Run!

1 comment:

  1. Do be careful LL - running in the middle of the day is definitely NOT a good plan! The weather is certainly weird lately isn't it - 22deg tomorrow will be much easier for a gentle leg stretch. Drink lots of water.

    ReplyDelete