Sunday, November 22, 2009

SMC 10km Race #2

With 'TomTom' at the helm, a dream drive on the M5 and M7, leaving Mittagong at around 5:50a.m. 'TomTom didn't have to tell me to "Turn around when safe" not once! Not like last month!

On arrival, I did 2km warm-up, some drills and strides on the grass track just behind the canteen and then walked across the road to the start,

I had Virtual Partner on the Garmin programmed to get me to the finish in 68 minutes, same as last month; I didn't dare try for anything faster because of the recent heat and 40 degrees tipped for today in the Western suburbs.

The 7:30 a.m start was cooler then expected; I thought I felt a slight breeze, so decided at the last minute not just to beat VP but to give him a solid thrashing and bashing right from the start! As a result, there was no sign of him being in front of me from the very first step and he was somewhere near 500m behind me at the finish! Oh, what a feeling!!

Met up with lots of Cool Runners before, along the course and after at which point I was stuffing myself with cold watermelon, oranges, etc...

This event is one of the best organized I've attended thanks to the organizers and the many volunteers.....can't be very nice standing in the sun for several hours at the water stations.. Sachets great! Fantastic event in all respects & I wish I'd been a member years ago.


Results: 10km

Time : 63 minutes. 5 Minutes PB!

Negative Split 1 minute

AHR 89%; MHR 96%.....big effort towards the finish!

1km Splits 6:29; 6:21; 6:39; 6:22; 6:30; 5:54; 6:22; 6:11; 6:20; 5:51


I was thrilled to get a PB of 5 minutes! Now, can I get faster for next month?

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your PB today LL; it was great to finally meet you!

    I'll continue to follow your training programme and be amazed. Don't let the heat get to you.

    If you are planning any weekends in Sydney, don't forget the CR Twilight runs on Friday evenings: great social events and decent non-competitive races.

    cheers, Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. You continue to amaze me LL; you are just getting faster & faster!

    Congratulations (again) on another fantastic result!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you are fantastic. Ewen told me how well you ran - I'm so impressed. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't I already say you were becoming boringly good? I don't like repeating myself!

    ReplyDelete