Sunday, March 12, 2017

Long Run ~~~~~ and 4 weeks of consistent running done & dusted!

This glorious morning I aimed to run easily for about 90 minutes but at that time I was so close to 10km I ran the extra distance around the school soccer field.  I was reminded while I jogged along Diamond Fields Road and Buckman's Lane of just how beautiful an area I have in which to run.  Few places are more beautiful and few runners more fortunate than I! 

Today I finished 4 uninterrupted weeks in which I did every session in my 5km program!  So happy with that especially after having lost so many weeks at the start of the year with 2 bouts of bronchitis and 2 short stays in hospital.....  "the glass is refillable"!  Believe it!

As I do now on my long runs, this morning I included strides, about 80m, on the flat and several 10 second sprints each time I came to a hill.  I like doing this, apart from the obvious benefits, because it breaks up the time on feet by changing paces while, at the same time, helping motivation over longer distances.

My Program for today:

90 minutes easy running ....ended being 95mins.
10km
AHR 102bpm;   MHR 130bpm
71%  to  90% of MHR

TE  1.4  Minor!  What?  Again?  What do I have to do to earn 'Improving'?


I use the white posts on either side of the road for strides!


I never knew people raised camels in the Southern Highlands but here's a new arrival and there were several others in an adjoining paddock.

School, Diamond Fields Road, Buckman's Lane, soccer field, school, usual stretches.


No comments:

Post a Comment