Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tempo Run ~ Bowral Parkrun Course ~~~

A cloudy, pleasantly cool morning with light mist covering the distant hills on Bowral parkrun cycle path.  Normally, Tuesday would be a track session but the change around started this morning with a tempo run instead.  I always seem to be looking for excuses -  other than the obvious! -  as to why any particular run didn't go as I would have wished!




I had Sunday and Monday off because I was so terribly tired after Saturday's parkrun, and so those two days of doing nothing can take the blame for this morning's run not being as comfortable as I would have expected after so much rest.  There!  How easy is it to find excuses?  Took no time at all!

1.5km warm-up .....  I did this jogging down the grassy hill & onto the cycle path.
5km @ ST Pace ..... i.e. 8:10m/k based on a 40 min 5k time
Cool down .. none!  Some stretches instead!

5km in 41:47
Avg. Pace 8:22m/km
AHR 110bpm;  MHR  139bpm
82% to 104%(?) of max.

TE  1.9  ..  Minor!  To the devil with that!

Splits:  8:01;   8:36;   8:10;   7:58;   9:01 ... VP got me, as he always does (humph, hummph, humph!) running up the grassy hill to finish!



That's it till track on Thursday.  "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"




No comments:

Post a Comment