Saturday, May 06, 2006

Day 7 - Rolling Up & Rolling Down!





That's what the Pilates DVD says for back extensions or pelvic curl-ups : "Breathe in as you roll up & breathe out as you roll down", but hardly an accurate description of today's session on hills!

Warm-up : 3km walk to the hill I wanted on Diamond Fields Road.

Stretches.

4 x 90m hill (I did 5) repeats with focus on "good form" not times or speed!!

Slow walk down recoveries.

Stretches.

3km brisk walk home.

I liked this session! Some short lived huff & puff on the incline. Had a drink from a tap & stretched out - briefly! - in the old historic Catholic cemetery before walking briskly 3km home.

Took the 3 doggies for their walk just as the sun was setting on a glorious Autumn day in the Southern Highlands.

6 comments:

  1. I love the graduation in the shadows and clouds of that bottom photo!

    Don't rest too long in the top photo CB. Good session by the way - 87%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought we weren't posting any more cemetery pictures?

    Beautiful photos though!!
    That road in the middle photo is just begging to be run along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last photo is great. I have a small fascination with cemetaries too. I just like to think about the history of what all those people did. Every person has a story. Wandering through an old cemetary in the Barossa once, I was struck by how many of the graves were for infants. It really brought home the point to me that we are so lucky these days to have such a low infant mortality. Anyway, what I am trying to say by way of example is that cemetaries have so much to tell us and aren't really scary places, rather they are interesting and enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fascination too RunDave! We used live very close to Waverley Cemetery in Sydney & I would have spent countless hours roaming through reading the headstones & wondering about the people, their lives etc.. Many famous Australians lie there....poets, sportsmen, politicians & even gangsters!..
    I was amazed at first & then always very sad to find how many babies & young people, whole families at a time, died during the 1918-1919 'flu pandemic. 50 million world wide! In Sydney alone about 36-38% of the population was affected, around 3,500 deaths, mostly infants & young people in their 20's & 30's. Strangely, in this instance, it wasn't the elderly who were hit hardest, but infants & young people in their prime. That number of deaths would equate to about 1.5 million now...just in Sydney alone! I wonder if our present medical system could handle that!

    For Cirque: I know I said that, but can't rid myself of the fascination!

    For Ewen: Gee, thanks coach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We know your a living legend; we know you can run; we know your a great writer. Seems that we can now add photograher to the list. LL is there anything you can't do - you (fe)male for all seasons!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the Pilates tip. I've managed to borrow a DVD to burn. So if I don't blog for a while it means I've put something out and am stuck in front of the tele ;-)

    ReplyDelete