Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Day 11


The track at Chev. Cold & windy again. I always enjoy a track session, even when it hurts...which it didn't today!

10 minutes slow jog warm-up. Stretches.

4 x 400m at "hard middle distance pace".

4 minute walk recoveries. Short brisk walk for a warm-down. Stretches.

It wasn't necessary to time the repeats (good form again!), but I did:

2:17.8; 2:23.0; 2:14.2; 2:17.6

(I looked up the McMillan Pace Chart & my middle distance training pace for 400m should be from 2:05 to 2:19.) Pretty accurate!

The warm-down : a very brisk walk (before being spotted!) taking a few not totally accurate measurements & furtively spraying a dab of white paint at 100m & 300m!!

Rest day tomorrow & then the 12 day cycle begins for the second time...I'm so much enjoying this program & going well so far!

3 comments:

  1. In McMillian that Middle Distance Training Pace equates to a Mile time of 8:25. Now that would be right out of this world. I recall 8:58 being the magic number.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff LL, this speed work will turn you into a different woman. :-)

    Stu

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good memory Robert. I think we'll all be amazed at the times a different, faster woman runs next summer.

    ReplyDelete