Sunday, May 14, 2006

Day 3 - A Hard Day (2nd Series).

I should never, ever leave my run till afternoon! I did today & struggled, sweated & swore my way through 5km; I'm just not in the mood for a run by 3:00pm, but it had to be done....can't even blame "Mothers' Day"!

10 minutes warm-up & stretches.
5km @ 85%+ of MHR.
Brisk walk warm-down.
Stretches.

10 minutes warm-up on grass in the soccer field + stretches.
Walk to where I start on Old South Road - about 500m+ further on.
2.5km out & back...Time = 33:55 slower than Day 3, 1st cycle.
Splits = 6:55; 7:02; 6:58; 6:18; 6:39....splits slightly more even.
HR 85%+ of Max.
Warm-down & a few stretches.

I will never leave my run till afternoon again!!

8 comments:

  1. Blame Mother's Day!

    Although a dear friend, imagine that you were waiting all day for your errant duck to call (I didn't) before heading out for a grumpy run.

    I'm sorry . . .

    You've done wonderfully well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't run in the afternoon either. I think our bodies must be too used to the morning exercise. I'm sure you'll be springing along in your next run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel LL, I'm a morning runner too. As the day wears on I just feel more and more sluggish. Well done for getting out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you on getting out there so late! I was stuck on the couch by then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little mouse told me the troughs are now full.

    Goodnight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for getting out there LL. Thank you for your lovely messages of support lately!

    My 5k run at Warwick next week is at 3pm and I'm not looking forward to running at that time either, I'd prefer to be out at 6 o'clock, in spite of the freezing weather. The only good thing is that I'll be running with people who have already run about 26k that day, not that I gather it will slow some of this lot down much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you for sticking with the program in difficult circumstances. I am sure your commitment to the program will be repaid in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, repeat after me. "Morning = Running; Afternoon = Sleeping :-)

    Gnome

    ReplyDelete