Monday, May 08, 2006

Day 9 - A Speed Session

...in my dreams!!!!




The only weather where I can do this session indoors, is if there's a snow storm & lightning around! Just having a gale meant getting over to the track at Chev. where not only was there the wind to contend with, but all the distance markings had disappeared, except for the start & another at 200m. Next time I'll have to go armed secretly with my tape measure & can of spray paint - as I've done before - & leave a few dashes here & there to take the guess work out of the session!

So the best I could do with 2 Sets 100m, 200m, 300m, 200m, 100m after a warm-up & stretches, with 2:30 recoveries & 5 minutes between sets, was :

Set 1. 31.0; 1:02.9; 1:43.1, 1:05.1; 28.6
Set 2. 30.0; 1:02.6; 1:38.7; 1:02.3; 28.0

...none of these repeats were fast, but the emphasis for now is entirely on "Good Form" & not speed!! (I made a gaff there & had "Goof" Form... !!). If that's the case, thankfully no one was there to see it!

2 comments:

  1. Just tell WF the session is now 200's and 400's when you can't see the markers. You might get a bad report though for not following coaches orders. So don't listen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - it must be really cold up your way. Good for you for getting out there!

    ReplyDelete