Sunday, January 11, 2009

First of the Long Runs...



...... It was the turn for the Skirtsports "Gym Girl Classic" to strut its stuff in this morning's run. It's the one I bought & wore in the Melbourne Half Marathon last year. I really like this one..soft & light.

Program : 16km Lower Aerobic @ AHR 75%.

I was out on Range Road by 6:30 a.m. - most unusual for me! It was superb at that time - very cool, completely overcast & no sun until almost the end of the run.

I did the run in 2 x 5km out & back to the car & then 2 x 3km out & back, to make 16km while having access to water in the car at each return.

Results were : 1st 5km in 39:46. AHR = 76%; MHR = 81%.

2nd 5km in 38:50. AHR = 79%; MHR = 84%.

1st 3km in 24:48. AHR = 75%; MHR = 80%.

2nd 3km in 22:26. AHR = 81%; MHR = 88%

The cooler, earlier start sure makes a difference! I've planned to start every Sunday long run no later than Canberra Marathon starting time. I felt really good for the whole run & was pleased to see some negative splits on this hilly course!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely run, and I bet you looked gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! You were up early enough to hear the magpies welcoming the dawn!

    ReplyDelete