Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Long Run....



The run that became longer than expected. I set off at 7:30a.m.on Range Road.

Program : 19km @ 75% of MHR.

I planned loops out & back to the car where I left the usual supply of water & sports drink. By some weird mistake I did 6km out instead of 5 but didn't realize this until I got home & looked at the run on Montion Based. So that was 12km which, at the time, I thought to be 10km!

I then set out on a loop of 2 x 5km. Well, the last 5km was something awful! Try as I might, I could only get a jog/walk (6/3) going. I felt like I'd run a marathon & probably looked like it too as I wobbled along the road. I was so incredibly tired after 22km, I couldn't wait to get home, shower, have some breakfast .....& sleep, which I did for nearly 2 hours! I don't feel very much refreshed even tonight & that after just 22km!
A rest day tomorrow.........

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like my run on Saturday too!

    The exhaustion is a way for telling us to take it easy - either have a rest day or two, or cut out the hills/speed.

    Fingers crossed that after a rest day you will be buzzing and rearing to go for another long run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You only slept that long because when Bruce dropped in he kept you up with his bad jokes.

    ReplyDelete