Friday, March 18, 2016

Ultrasound Results ..... Not what I expected to hear!

I certainly expected to have some physio but I most certainly didn't expect surgery but that's the news I heard this morning.  The ultrasound showed a complete tear of one of the 3 hamstring muscles from the pelvic bone and a partial tear in another ...that's the bad news! The third muscle seems to have come through unscathed and that's the good news!  The only way to fix the complete tear is surgery to reattatch it to the bone.....what have I done to deserve this!!!!!!


Monday afternoon, I have an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon - same one who repaired torn medial meniscus in knees some years ago;  he's going to be surprised to see me turn up again at this stage of my life! 


So, that's it for some time to come, I guess!  Neverthelss, I still managed today's plank...


Day 18 Plank : 2 minutes...not easy!  And took twice as long to get up off the floor!




.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope the ortho can give you positive news about the outcome of that procedure. It sounds similar to what CJ had done some time ago. She got back to running but then had that slip on the grapes and tore it again. Wishing you all the best. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll watch out for grapes when I go shopping! Concerned about the length of time off more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You might be coming back in the middle of winter :( Ask CJ about the op and how the recovery was.

      Delete